Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I seem to have adopted a stray. You know what they say about feeding strays, you shouldn't do it and if you do they keep coming back. In my defense I thought that only applied to cats. I seem to have found a human stray of the collegiate variety. She invites herself over, plunks herself down in front of my television. Frequently she comes over to use our washing and drying machines. Recently she has taken to opening up my fridge to examine the contents and helping herself to the odd item. Tonight she showed up with friend in tow, and went fishing in my fridge again. She looks up to my roommate and I think that is part of the reason she is over so often. I also think she is bored and lonely. I know she doesn't care for her current roommates. The problem is this: I don't really like her very much. I'm just not that into her. She called me June Cleever with Tourets, which exemplifies our problem. She sees me as some kind of mothering, nurturing person. I see her as some kind of leech, it will never work.

No comments: