Friday, December 01, 2006

This is what I want to say to my Mom, but I know she will be hurt.

Hi Mom,
I apprecaite your letter. I honestly didn't mean to send you my education rant. The trueth is Mom I do not have the gpa or qualifications to get into any education program for next year. Otherwise that would be my first choice. (Insert Mother yelling at Naomi here) I get really frustrated sometimes when I speak to you because it feels like you aren't reading my emails or listening to what I am saying. Either that or you hear what I am saying and just dismiss it. All this university prep to get into Education is fucking complicated, I have been jumping through all kinds of hoops to try and get to where I need to be. Explaining it all is complicated, and annoying, and I feel like you constantly question everything I tell you. And then when I get frustrated you tell me that I am being dramatic. It is important that you come home this summer so that you and I can have a real chat about whats going on. I need you to be present and to be listening to what I am saying, not what you want me to say or not what you would be saying, but me, I need you to listen to me. When I was a teenager I stopped fighting with you, I just chose to tune you out or agree and then just do what I wanted to do anyway without telling you. I don't want that kind of relationship anymore. I want to be able to talk to you and tell you what is going on without being judged and without feeling attacked.

No comments: